I bet you never thought you’d read so many rumors about gift cards! Well, if our latest tipster’s info is accurate, you won’t be hearing them much longer. According to an internal image sent to us, the gift cards should be ready to hit store shelves on August 26th. The leak comes from systems at Target which, a certain eagle-eyed commenter has pointed out, would not be the first time we’ve seen a leak from this company.
According to this information, the gift card displays should have a couple empty slots until the Play Store cards arrive. While it’s entirely possible that Google intended to launch them a bit earlier—the code in the Play Store apk and the high number of leaks could raise an eyebrow—it’s idle speculation at best.
Official Android Police t-shirts are now on sale, with over 25 designs to call yours.
- Images Of Google Play Gift Cards Show Up Online In $ 10 And $ 25 Increments
- How To: Redeem Google Play Gift Cards Using The Device Play Store App
- One Lucky Guy Buys $ 25 Google Play Store Gift Card, We Successfully Redeem It [Hands-On]
- [Updated: Screenshots] Google Is Gearing Up To Finally Introduce Play Store Gift Cards And A Wishlist [APK Teardown]
- [Update: Winners!] Giveaway: Win One Of Five $ 30 Gift Cards, Five $ 20 Gift Cards, Or Five $ 10 Gift Cards From Cruzerlite And Android Police
[Leak] Google Play Store Gift Cards May Land In Stores On August 26th was written by the awesome team at Android Police.