In a continued attempt to make Android more viable as an entertainment platform, Google is working on a social gaming app in the same vein as Apple’s Game Center, if Business Insider’s sources are to be believed. The app would be a huge boon for social gaming on Android. As the platform grows, and gaming along with it, Google risks losing a golden opportunity to be even more deeply embedded within one of the biggest growth markets in mobile.
The usual features are expected: social achievements, awards/trophies, and player leaderboards. What’s unclear is whether or not Google will try to integrate Plus into the mix.
Official Android Police t-shirts are now on sale, with over 25 designs to call yours.
- Rovio Tweets Out Angry Birds Download Stats: Over A Million Downloads On Friday Alone
- Angry Birds, The #1 Selling iPhone Game, On Its Way To Android This Summer
- Bug In Angry Birds Lets You Unlock All Locked Worlds
- GameSpy To Release Free Cross-Platform SDK To Developers, Complete With Cloud Storage For Game Data
- Samsung Unveils Its ‘Exciting Special Announcement’ For SXSW… And It’s Angry Birds Space
Google Working On Its Own Version Of Game Center, Says Business Insider was written by the awesome team at Android Police.