Seemingly out of nowhere, a new wireless brand Republic Wireless, a division of Bandwidth.com, announced earlier this month that it would revolutionize and shake up the mobile industry by introducing a Hybrid Calling plan that costs only $ 19 a month. This plan has indeed gone live today over at RepublicWireless.com, together with the first and only mobile device the company is offering (for now) – the LG Optimus.
The low-cost offering is made possible thanks to heavy reliance on Wi-Fi data – Republic Wireless devices are designed to prioritize Wi-Fi networks, and certain measures have been put in place…
Official Android Police t-shirts are now on sale, with over 25 designs to call yours.
- Calm Down – Sprint Will Not Charge Extra For Using The Sprint 4G Network On HTC EVO 4G, Will Not Have 5GB Monthly Limits On 4G
- T-Mobile Unveils Official Tethering Plan, Charges $ 15 For Something Root Users Have Been Enjoying For Free All Along
- T-Mobile Gets Free Unlimited Wi-Fi Calling Starting May 11th
- [Rumor] Verizon Implementing Tiered Data Plans On July 7th, And They’re Not Pretty
- [Update: Possibly Fake] Best Buy Reduces Price Of Verizon’s Galaxy Tab To $ 500 Without Contract
Republic Wireless Launches Its First Phone And The $ 19/Month Wireless "Hybrid Calling" Plan – Here’s Everything You Need To Know was written by the awesome team at Android Police.